Tuesday 20 October 2015

☆★*¨*•.¸☆Looking back with gratitude☆¸.•*¨*★☆


Three years ago today I took the plunge and become an Indie Author. I remember clicking that publish button and biting my nails. I was so nervous. I spent the next twenty-four hours checking Amazon every five minutes to see if my book was up there yet. Once it was up, the nerves didn't stop and I was constantly checking my downloads. Being an indie author, getting people to download your book was the hardest but I have such a great support group. 

I must admit, things didn't really hit the ground until I put my first book up for a free promotion and the reviews started to come thick and fast. I remember receiving my first 'bad' review like it was yesterday and I felt like crying. I thought my writing days were over! Of course, you soon learn that you won't be everyone's cup of tea and that's fine and without constructive criticism, you won't learn how to spread your wings and improve. On that basis alone, I learnt to turn the negatives into a positive and got better so for that, I am thankful. 

    

I've now published nine books and have so many more in the making. I really don't want to do anything else with my life other than write. Of course, I have that dream of one day bagging that five digit book deal and becoming world known. What author doesn't? In the meantime, thanks to Amazon and other self-publishing platforms, I'm able to share my work with you! 

I am thankful for everyone's continued to support, for downloading my books and leaving their honest reviews. There's been the odd spiteful reviewer but they're not worthy of another thought and clearly have nothing better to do. After all, everyone is entitled to an opinion and that's fine by me. 

I am especially thankful to my mum, who is always there for me. She takes a lot time out of her day to design my wonderful book covers, headers and profile pics and promotional ads. She puts her heart and soul into those and I really do appreciate her work. She also proof-reads and edits with me as well as my sister-in-law when she can. Without them, I wouldn't be doing this. 


I am more quieter now on social media but life has taken an unexpected turn and I find myself busier then I have ever been. Some days I don't have time to think let alone do anything else but the new house is just perfect. The travelling not so, especially when the car keeps playing up and we have to get two buses to school but eventually we will move schools and things will take shape I'm sure. At the end of the day, I think the house is worth it so swings and roundabouts really. 

I am on the last innings of finishing book #3 in the Maxwell Mysteries but I have been for a while. I seemed to have lost my way a bit but I will get there, I know I will. It just needs a bit of time and motivation. I've also wrote the first paragraph of book #4, which will be Christmas themed. I love DI April Maxwell so much and I have so many ideas. I can guarantee while the ideas are flowing, she will be round for some time to come.

Book #5 in the Cocktails & Tattoos series, Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches is in the editing stages and will be available summer 2016 as well as book #6 in 2017 and book #7 later that year. I know I get carried away but sometimes it's hard to just write a character off, especially when they've been with you for so long! 

I have loads of other ideas too and eventually there will be a book #2 in Hattie's Adventures and Issy's Easter Surprise, a follow on from Christmas Pie Crescent. 

I have some promos coming leading up to Christmas so look out for those and all my books are available to download from Amazon and some are available to purchase in paperback. Remember, each review you take time to write, is gratefully received and I read every single one. Honest reviews are the best selling tool there is.



All my books are available on Kindle Unlimited. Not sure how Kindle Unlimited works for Indie Authors? Here's how ~ 


¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´My Books


☆★☆COCKTAILS & TATTOOS SERIES☆★☆



Book #1 UK / US
Book #2 UK / US
Book #3 UK / US
Book #4 UK / US

Book #5 ➜ Coming summer 2016


☆★☆MAXWELL MYSTERIES☆★☆




Book #1 UK / US

Book #2 UK / US

Book #3 ➜ Coming 2016


☆★☆HANDBAGS AT DAWN☆★☆



UK / US


☆★☆HATTIE'S ADVENTURES☆★☆




Book #1 UK / US


☆★☆CHRISTMAS PIE CRESCENT☆★☆



UK / US


Keep up to date by 

Following me on Twitter
Liking me on Facebook
or
Adding me on Goodreads







No comments:

Post a Comment