Tuesday 1 September 2015

☆★*¨*•.¸☆Cocktails & Tattoos☆¸.•*¨*★☆


☆★☆Cocktails & Tattoos series☆★☆

The news you have been waiting to hear.... book #5 in the Cocktails & Tattoos series, Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches will be out summer 2016 and that's not all.... book #5 will be followed up by book #6, which is a short novella written in Harley's mum's POV and I'm half-way through writing book #7. I know ~ exciting!! There was no way I could leave them and who knows, I am thinking about book #8 but I'm not making any promises.

Please note: These stories contain lots of bad language, a little bit of sex and loads of laugh out loud moments so please do not read if easily offended or prone to peeing yourself from laughter.  

Right, so here's all the info you need.... 

☆★☆Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches #5☆★☆


Blurb

Harley and Spike are back for a fifth book in the Cocktails & Tattoos series.

Spike is turning forty and what better way to celebrate then taking all the family off to Bora Bora for a fortnight. It sounds like the perfect plan but of course, whilst the location is every bit perfect, it’s going to be anything but, as trust is broken, tempers fly, secrets are revealed and family bonds destroyed. They are sure to be in for one hell of a fortnight and will there be any going back for Harley or has she burnt her bridges forever.



People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.
1

I quietly climb into bed and pull my thick white quilt over me. Spike is fast asleep next to me but his arm automatically falls open for me and I snuggle down into the warmth of his body. There truly is no better place. I close my eyes and I am sure it won't be long before sleep comes. It's eleven pm, I am knackered and feel like I could sleep for a week. Parenting is so hard. And tiring. I am in constant demand whatever time, day or night and I never get a moments peace let alone spend any time with my husband. It certainly is a full time job and I don't know how these working mums fit in time to work. I tried it when Ava turned one but I couldn't do it. Taylor was at full time school so he was OK but Ava had to go to a child minder and I cried myself stupid every morning on the way to work and clock watched until the moment, I could leave to pick her up. I was so god damn tired, because having two kids is something draining. In the end Big Bruce said to me I clearly wasn't ready to return to work and sent me home to be with my kids. After two weeks of what felt like torture, I had to agree and I haven't attempted it since. Ava will be three in a few short months and due to start nursery in September. Maybe then, I will attempt working again, just part-time, fitting in appointments that co-side with her nursery hours.
Because I am not working, it means I have been painting more and Ava loves to join me while Taylor is at school and Spike is at work. Then there are the walks we share in Regent's Park with our trusty cane nine Albert, although Ava doesn't like the pug much. Since learning to talk, she has called him, "Pig, yuck, stink." It has rather stuck and now he answers to it. Life is pretty fucking good right now, I must say, well except for the tiredness. No one warned me how tiring it was going to be.
I feel myself dosing then I am brought back from the brink as I hear, "Mummy, mummy!" I fling back the covers, reluctantly leave my haven, and pad across the hallway into my daughter's bedroom. Ava is sitting up in bed with just the glow of a night light outlining her tiny figure and mass of dark hair. She doesn't look like me. She has her dad's rich brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She even has his naturally tanned complexion, which at least means she isn’t pale, and doesn't burn in the sun but she is tiny which she must get from me. My mum always said I was dinky. Personality wise, she definitely is my mini me according to Spike. She is strong minded and shamefully has my blue mouth. 
"What is it Ava?" I ask her, sitting down next to her. 
"Giant mummy," she cries. Her eyes are huge like saucers.  
"Ava, hunny, there is no giant."
"Yes mummy, there is. In my clothes," she points towards her wardrobe. 
"I knew it was a bad idea for daddy to read you Jack and the Beanstalk for bed," I mumble getting up. 
"He took Dolly mummy. Giant took Dolly."
"Dolly has probably fallen off the bed sweetie, that's all," I tell her, looking around the floor for Dolly but I can't find it.
"No. Giant took Dolly," she insists. I roll my eyes and walk over to the wardrobe. This really is the last thing I want to do at half-past eleven at night. I am tired, too tired to contend with a missing Dolly and a giant. I look over at Ava and she is hiding beneath her Disney Princess quilt. Thanks for the back up hunny. I yank on the wardrobe door and jump out of my skin as Taylor comes charging at me. He starts laughing at my screams and chucks Dolly at me before running out of the bedroom. I hear Spike shout his name then appears in the doorway half-asleep. 
"What the hell is going on?" He asks scratching his head. 
"Giant daddy," Ava replies. "That giant needs to fuck off daddy."
Spike looks to me and I shrug. 
"It was just Taylor hunny," I tell her handing her Dolly. 
"I'm scared mummy."
"I'm going to kill Taylor," I mumble. 
"No mummy, not kill Taylor, kill giant."
"Why did you read Jack and the beanstalk to her?" I ask Spike. 
"It was on her shelf," he shrugs looking over to her bookshelf on the wall. Out of the three rows of books, he had to fucking read her probably the scariest one there.
I lay Ava down, tuck her and Dolly in and kiss them both good night. "You are going to have to have a word with Taylor. He nicked her Dolly and hid in the wardrobe." I pull the bedroom door to and leave it a jar.
"Why me?"
"'Cos I'm fucking tired," I snap.
"Mummy, mummy, I'm scared mummy," Ava calls. 
"Guess where I'm sleeping," I say turning on my bare feet and heading back to Ava's bedroom. 

Prior to editing. Subject to change. 
Copyright @ Kerry Frith 2015. 

Out Summer 2016


☆★☆Love, Lies & Apologies #6☆★☆

Jan is turning 60, Harley is moving to Australia and Harley and Meredith are still not talking. Cliff asks Jan what she would like for her birthday. The answer is simple. Her daughters to talk again so Cliff decides to take action.

Join the Cocktails & Tattoos gang as Cliff puts Jan, Meredith and Harley on a plane to Rome to celebrate Jan’s birthday and embark on one last attempt to reunite her daughters. Can Jan bring her girls back together before Harley moves half way around the world and more importantly will it be a birthday to remember for the right reasons?

Part of the Cocktails & Tattoos series. From Harley’s Mum’s POV. Short novella.

Due out summer 2017 

Followed by Christmas Cocktails & Sexy Tattooists (Coming Christmas 2017).

Download the series so far.... books #1 & #2 are available to download on Kindle for just 99p and also can be purchased in paperback from Amazon. Books #3 & #4 are available to download on Kindle for £1.99. Paperbacks coming soon.



☆★☆Cocktails & Tattoos #1☆★☆


Harley-May Reid is a straight talking kind of girl. Despite her accident prone nature, she likes to keep her life simple, like her causal relationship with Ged, sharing a flat with her gay best friend Lewis and working in her dad’s tattoo parlour in East London. There isn't any complications, no hidden agendas and no love on the arisen but all that is about to change. 

Harley’s best friend Emma is getting married in Corfu and as Harley sets off to be bridesmaid, things take an unexpected turn in the shape of Spike. Of course he’s tall, dark and handsome and he drives Harley mad and not in a good way. In fact he causes her nothing but grief and all that is just on the flight. Harley cannot wait to land in Corfu to get away from him but it’s never going to be that easy as she finds herself permanently crossing paths with him, and trying to resist his charm is growing harder by the day. 

With jealous ex’s, a deranged secretary, a pregnant big sister and crazy best friends, it's never going to be easy, and when Spike offers her an opportunity of a life time and she refuses, will Harley regret her mistake, or is it too late to change her mind? 

This story contains lots of bad language, a little bit of sex and loads of laugh out loud moments. Why not join Harley on her adventure to keep love and stay out of trouble.


Amazon ➜ UK / US 


☆★☆The Blog of Travelling & Mishaps #2☆★☆


This short story follows Cocktails & Tattoos as Harley and Spike set off on their around the world adventure. Join them on their Travelling & Mishaps as they visit thirty-two countries in eighty-two days using Harley’s iphone to keep everyone at home updated via a Facebook Blog. 

This will show Harley in her full glory as she sustains more injuries, experiences home sickness, travels on a night train through Beijing and loses Spike in LA before returning to London with a proposal. 

With the same sense of humor and bad language as Cocktails & Tattoos, you will be mad not to read this Blog style short story just in time for the sequel Ex’s & Shotgun Weddings.

Amazon ➜ UKUS


☆★☆Ex's & Shotgun Weddings #3☆★☆


She wasn't made for pole dancing nor dressing like a hooker and jealousy is such an ugly trait. 

Harley is back and this time she is the one getting married but she doesn’t want the big white church wedding. No thanks. Small and intimate will do. After all saying those two important words is the only thing that matters right? Right. 

So what will it be… A quick ceremony in Vegas perhaps? Maybe a wedding like Emma’s in Corfu? Or both? Well we are talking about Harley and nothing is ever straightforward. In fact, there’s so much going on she can barely concentrate. Everything is changing and she isn't sure whether she likes it. 

Can Harley keep her mouth shut about the affair, learn to cope with working in a battle zone, forgive her dad for lying, deal with jealous ex’s, support Emma in her time of need whilst being dressed as a Ghost buster and more importantly, ever say I do? With new and old friends combined, it’s certainly going to be one hell of a bumpy ride.

Amazon ➜ UKUS


☆★☆Swollen Bellies & Tiny Feet #4☆★☆



There's a baby boom going down but who is prepared for parent hood?  

While Emma has the perfect house, the most beautiful nursery and a whole row of designer bags lined up, Harley is fretting whether she's mother material. After all she can barely look after herself let alone a baby.  

As the swollen bellies start to grow, the constant need to pee kicks in and never mind the mood swings. That aside, Lewis has gone AWOL in Dubai, Big Bruce has some news of his own and is Spike really having an affair? 

Join Harley on her final adventure as she takes on pregnancy support classes, moves house and meets Peanut for the first time but of course being Harley, it's never going to be without a few bumps and bruises, and cursing along the way.
 


Amazon ➜ UKUS


For all up to-date info make sure you check out the following links 















No comments:

Post a Comment