Thursday 14 November 2013

***REVIEW*** The Valentine Present (A Romantic Comedy) by Lynda Renham

Not all the mad Jack's in the world could have stopped me reading this little gem! 

It's no secret, I am a massive fan of Lynda! I find her inspirational, I love her sense of humour and her one liners really do make me laugh out loud. I find her plots interesting, all her characters likeable and I love her ability to bring a character to life. She writes in such an easy way, and her cockney writing accent was spot on making it easy for this cockney to read! 

Morticia Addams nails, Eton Mess, no life jackets and a horses crop! This story had so many twists and turns. There was so much happening, it kept me on the edge of my seat (OK, laid back quite comfortably on the sofa) but my point is there was never a dull moment. 'arriet was so very likable & I couldn't help but love Fiona. She had me in stitches. I wanted to throttle Julian myself and as for Hamilton, well I most definitely would have used the horses crop! I couldn't help but warm to the Jack's too. 

I absolutely loved this book and award it 5 shiny gold stars. It was an enjoyable read I couldn't put down and I swear my family thought I was nuts (well slightly more nuts then usual) sitting in the corner laughing to myself. I must say it's not my favourite by Lynda, that goes to Croissants & Jam, my first ever read by Lynda but this comes a close a second.... I am a proper sucker for a love story and we all want that happy ending, don't we?

Keep them coming Lynda. Your books are the dogs bollocks and I can't wait for the next... 

No comments:

Post a Comment