Thursday 5 September 2013

Kerry's Chitter Chatter #21

Today rounds off the end of the summer holiday for the kids and in typical good old British weather style it would have to rain. This week has been long and sleepless but it has been successful. We finally kicked the dummy habit. I promised myself the 3 y/o will no longer have it by the time he starts nursery which is in a few short weeks. I have tried previously and failed. I think I had to be determined to stick to my guns and put have with the screaming as much as he had to be determined to give it up. The first morning was a nightmare. He screamed. He gave me headache then that night he asked for it, I told him no and he hasn't asked for it since. It ended up being easier then I thought.

Last weekend we had the joint hen and stage. That was a fun day and night and I know some people woke with very sore heads Sunday. I went to watch my son's first match of the season, which was just a friendly and they won 5-1. This weekend is a double celebration in my house. My eldest daughter turns 11 on Sunday while my youngest turns 2 on Sunday. To celebrate we are off to Cadbury World on Saturday, the 11 year old's choice, along with a trip to the cinema to see One Direction. I am looking forward to Cadbury World. I am a chocolate lover. Sunday we will have presents and lots of cake! Then Monday it's off to school they go and I can have some peace again....

Writing is coming along well. I will get back onto Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches but I have been working on my new project which I am hoping to have out very soon. It will be exclusive to Amazon. Details will be coming soon.   

I have been honored with being passed down the Book Chat Group. It has evolved and we have gained some fantastic members. It's been lovely getting to know everyone. I am sorry to see Theresa leave as Admin but we will continue to try and entertain you with our daily freebies, author interviews, book recommendations, games and discussions. If you are not a member, then please come and join us. We would love to have you. Also, if you are an author and would like to be interviewed, please contact me and I will forward your details onto our interviewer, Jacque. Book Chat Group.

I haven't done much reading at all but I did fit in a quick short story called Tides of Passion which can be found on Amazon. Here is my review. 



This tells the story of a forbidden love between the son of Dracula Demetre & the princess of the sea Alliyana. They meet one night by chance but are looking for the same - to find love. Demetre must marry before his 19th birthday and to the girl his parents have chosen but he wants to marry for love and soon finds out the girl he is suppose to marry is fighting her own battles. Alliyana must marry to become queen and her mother has chosen the perfect man to become king with her but Alliyana can sense this man is evil. With help from the gods Demetre and Alliyana must stand tall and fight for what they believe in if they want to be together. 

I am not a fantasy reader. I have never been into vampires so I was a bit skeptical about reading this but I was interested in the story and finding out how it could work having vampires and mermaids in the same book. Susan writes in such a fun way, she makes it enjoyable to read. I loved the story line of two people who couldn't possibly be together and the problems both main characters have to face. This is a sizzling hot short read which will have you hooked.

5 shiny gold starts from me :)


AUTHOR OF THE WEEK


Dean Pace-Frech

Dean Pace-Frech is a new author and his debut novel, A Place to call their own was published in July. Dean is a man with a dream of a successful publishing career and he immediately started writing his second novel, Disappear with me. For more info on Dean, his bio and purchase and contact links, see my Author of the week post

Until next time ~ Kerry

Random fact #21 ~ Saudi Prince owns a diamond encrusted $48 million Mercedes and he charges $1000 just ti touch it. Yeah right, keep your Mercedes. I have been things to spend a grand on. 

Kerry-Frith-Author page

1 comment: